Criminal CourtContact Info
The following case types are typical for the Criminal Division of Magistrate Court:
- Pre-Warrant Hearings- to hear evidence to see if there is probable cause to issue a warrant.
- Bad Check Court- including processing of bad check claims and restitution.
- Mobile Home Decal Court - resulting from fines for failure to post mobile home decal.
- County Ordinance Court - resulting from citations for ordinance violations.
- Preliminary Hearings - to determine whether there is enough evidence in a case to bind it over to State or Superior Court.
- Good Behavior Hearings - temporary restraining orders.
- First Appearances - criminal suspect's first appearance before the Judge where bond is set or denied.
- Rule Nisi Hearings - usually held in the event someone has violated their conditional bond or open abeyance.