The Ware County Recreation and Parks Department endeavors to provide quality and diversity in wholesome parks and recreation services that meet the needs of the citizens of Ware County. The Ware County Commission appropriates funding for the operation and maintenance of our facilities. They appoint the seven-member Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee to guide and oversee this Department's activities. Ware County citizens form the membership of the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee, where each member has a shared interest in providing the best parks and recreation services possible for all of its citizens.
Our Services should ensure a better quality of life by:
- Unifying the cooperative spirit within the county.
- Communicating the opportunities and advantages of parks and recreation services.
- Being geographically accessible.
- Being economically feasible.
- Networking with community agencies and other recreation providers and the school system.